Look at the 2 thumbnails to see the pros/cons - fun!
First, this is a 2 page activity with a prompt. (I decided to include the ever popular "transition words!"
1. I put the translations in English (small print) - saves me a ton of
time going from group to group translating!
2. I put the pros on the left, and the cons on the right
How I use these: (I have made several already)
1. I put the paper on the ELMO device
2.I have students put their "transition words" on the desk
3. 1 student reads the prompt: "visiter Paris en été est une bonne
4. I respond with neg/positive (students sometimes choose the
pro/con for me
5. Students try to extend the conversation with: "pourquoi?"
6. Students try to see how long they can extend the conversation!
7. I may model 2-3 times over 3 days
8. Then I use my trusty timer and ask the students to use both
papers and try to extend the conversation for 1 minute.
9. This really puts the students in the role of communicator.
10. Some students may add their own ideas. Great! (I can always
add to my pros/ cons
11. Enjoy the activity!
You may get 1 student who feels they don't need the English. I then tell them to turn the paper over and see if they can continue a conversation without the prompt. That satisfies all!
p.s. I am using "Rome" vs. "Paris" and other pros/cons
I am working to put these up on TPT!