Also included in
- A social skills bundle for your middle and high school students that focuses on social language and pragmatics while saving you money! All products in the bundle contain social stories, youtube clips with fun activities, AND contain digital components. Teletherapy-friendly! This is a bundle of 4$45.00$50.00Save $5.00
This best-selling packet includes a social narrative and activities for teaching conversation skills to middle and high school students. Students love viewing youtube videos and you'll love the worksheets (with answer keys) that align with the content in the videos! If you've liked my other "Let's Talk" packets about tone, personal space and emotions, you will love this 92 paged packet. Clip art that appeals and features tweens and teens of various skin colors are used. Like the other "Let's Talk" packets, it includes activities for teaching AND practicing skills.
This product is designed as a printable pdf. However, some (not all) activities in the product can be done digitally. When applicable, I have added answer boxes and digital directions to the EASEL pdf.
Here's what you will receive in this in-depth packet:
- Summaries and links to 6 youtube videos on conversation skills and 7 corresponding black and white worksheets with answer keys. Topics of videos and worksheets include conversational reciprocity, initiating a conversation, staying on topic, monopolizing conversations, making real connections through conversations and all body listening!
- A 13-page teaching story that defines "conversation" and discusses the unwritten rules of conversations, including behaviors that cultivate a conversation, such as supportive comments and behaviors that destroy a conversation, such as lack of all body listening. Many pages can also double as visuals to use during the conversation game!
- A Conversation Chaos Script, "Kevin discusses social media" with a worksheet and discussion points. Students read and analyze the conversation with a worksheet guide and then "redo" it.
- Counting Conversational Turns Activities for students who monopolize conversations or only discuss topics of high interest to them.
- Conversation topic inventory so you can discover high and low interest topics.
- Conversation response point scale-teach students how to use responses that aren't just fillers or one word answers.
- The conversation game, an interactive game that includes 56 conversation topic cards (both simple and complex topics), 12 conversation cultivator cards and 12 conversation destroyer cards. Students practice various conversational skills and then guess what skill their peers were practicing!
- Some of the vocabulary surrounding conversational skills can be confusing for students with language impairments so I've included 3 worksheets (and answer keys) related to synonyms, antonyms, definitions and sentence creation.
- Also included: a rubric for the teacher or therapist to use to measure progress in conversational skills, a student self-assessment of conversation skills!
You will find this to be a comprehensive packet that covers multiple aspects of conversational skills and is fun for your teens and tweens.
You might also like:
If you purchase it, please leave feedback on the product. When you leave feedback, you earn credits towards future TPT purchases at ANY store!!
ALL OF MY NEW PRODUCTS ARE HALF OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS FOLLOWING RELEASE. CLICK ON THE GREEN FOLLOW BUTTON TO BE NOTIFIED OF NEW PRODUCTS AND FREEBIES!
❤️ CONNECT ON Instagram!
❤️ CONNECT ON Facebook!