This packet contains 20 pages of worksheets, games, and reading. I've written a story that focuses on the spelling patterns for the double consonant endings ff, ll, ss and zz.
This packet has worksheets that focus on the difference between long and short vowel sounds, syllabication and the double consonant endings.
* mini fold-able story book in color, b&w and smart board version.
* long and short vowel identification, sort and brainstorm
* syllabication worksheet
* Double consonant brainstorm
* Correct spelling identification
* bump game
* roll and write
* sentence building worksheet
* reading comprehension for the story book
The pictures for the sound sort are as follows:
Long A: tray, tail, grapes
Long E: turkey, dream, queen
Long I: dice, hive, cry
Long O: snow, bone, toe
Long U: glue, juice, tube
These worksheets would be great for morning work, homework, small groups or whole class.
Please note that the story book in this packet is an original work (as corny as it is) and is not to be distributed or re-printed without prior permission.
IF YOU LIKE THIS PACKET!
I have a CVC, VCE and Diagraph packet too :)