Using a Close Reading format, Thomas Paine's words are studied as "First Impressions" and then with more deliberative questions and analysis. The study unit includes the following:
- Teacher Directions and Suggestions, with notes.
- Two board pages to introduce the lesson.
- "First Impressions" graphic organizer.
- "Focus Questions, with answer key.
- Four Analysis questions with room for student responses.
- An Essential Question with room for student response.
- A glossary with a spelling ladder puzzle.
I also have products for the following American literature products: