This product is the full course: iOS App Development with Swift. The course is broken up into 10 manageable units: the midterm and final only come with the full course.
Units in this course:
Each unit is comprised of multiple activities to guide students to success! The best part is, that this course can be run 100% online, self-paced, as a hybrid or in a traditional style, based on your individual classroom needs.
The following is what makes this course unique AND what makes it ready to go immediately after download!
- Each unit comes with a unit overview / pacing guide with a list of activities, description and estimated duration so that you can plan out the unit accordingly with your teacher schedule.
- There are professionally created PowerPoints that have been studio recorded in the form of Screencasts, so students can either watch the video or you can present the information using the PPT. These PPTs come along with word-for-word speaker notes (matching exactly what is being said in the screencasts).
- To go along with the PPT / Screencasts, there are guided “fill-in-the-blank” notes to help students write down key information. These notes can be provided OR the teacher can choose not to include them - you have the flexibility.
- Immediately following each PPT / Screencast, there are a couple step-by-step (with screenshots) guides (I call them "Cases") to creating apps with the new content that students just learned. This means they can immediately apply what they learned and learn by doing. Generally, in each unit, students create 4 practice apps!
- Once students demonstrate mastery through the “Cases” they can begin work on the Unit Project. All unit projects come with student voice and choice in their design - helping to keep them engaged in what they are creating. Each unit also comes with technical requirements (what they need on the web page) along with benchmarks (for those of you that have students with IEPs or 504s) and a fully detailed grading rubric.
- Finally, students can formally share their understanding of material with a quiz. The quiz is made up of multiple choice questions, true and false questions, matching and a “Code Correction” section where students are asked to look at code and specify where there are errors.
- Each "Case" and quiz come with completed solutions / answer keys.
This is then repeated for EVERY UNIT. Again, a fully immersive and 100% ready-to-go curriculum that has been created and developed and tweaked over many years. It is time and student tested and teacher created to contain everything that you need!
To preview the quality of work, feel free to reference some resources below. Make sure to look at the full course overview to see all of the awesome stuff in this course!
- Full Course Overview
- Sample Unit Overview
- Sample Guided Notes
- Sample PPT / Screencast
- Sample Case
- Sample Project
- Sample Quiz
Feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.