This guide is intended to help teachers with access to iPads integrate them into their classroom in a meaningful, project-based manner, regardless of the grade level of their students. It is the result of four years of actual experience in integrating iPads into my Social Studies classroom as well as supporting my K-12 colleagues in their own rooms. All of these apps are free or lite versions, and only apps I have used in class are on this list. This guide will be very helpful to any teacher . . .
- Who works at a school has given only limited integration support in regards to iPads.
- Who works at a school who had no “app budget” because they spent all the money on the devices.
- Who has somewhere between a 1-1 and a 1-3 ratio of devices to students.
- Who doesn’t want to spend hours looking for/testing apps that turn out to be useless or ineffective.
- Who needs help finding apps for a Social Studies class.