iPad Lessons gives you everything you need to teach using free apps and your classroom ipads. (Perfect for classrooms with 1:1 iPads or small sets of iPads.)
Simple, Easy Lessons With Little Teacher preparation.
Nerd is the Word...
is a 4 day mini unit (each lesson approx. 15-30) teaching students to use the app Videolicious and Book Creator. Students will make a simple digital book and then save it to iBooks. You can use these lessons to practice and learn any vocabulary words you have in a series or for expanding your students vocabulary.
Students will use digital pictures to represent their vocabulary words and make a video with the free app Videolicious. They can put their videos into the Book Creator app and then publish their book to iBooks. After their book is in iBooks students will grade themselves using the rubric included. Students will then have a blast sharing their final books.
1. Download the free apps Videolicious, Book Creator and iBooks.
2. Copy the vocabulary brainstorming and recording sheets.
3. Play the video as your class follows along with their iPad.
1. Explicit written teaching instructions with full color photos.
2. A video for each lesson that walks students through everything
they need to do on the iPad.
3. A QR code of each video so that if students need to rewatch it on their own they can do that. (I-nigma app is recommended to scan the QR codes.)
4. Writing Station QR code cards.
(Once students make the first book there are plenty of other options that students could do. This could be a writing station in your classroom for weeks to come.)
Check out these other iPad Lessons
iPad Lesson Selfie Snaps
iPad Lesson What does the Box Say
Check out this FREEBIE to get an idea of what iPad lessons are like.
Animal Facts-Research and Digital Mini Poster
Be sure to give me some feedback if you like the FREEBIE iPad lesson. Thanks so much.
©Anita Goodwin 2015