iPad Lessons gives you everything you need to teach using free apps and your classroom ipads. (Perfect for classrooms with 1:1 iPads or small sets of iPads.)
Simple, Easy Lessons With Little Teacher preparation.
is a 4 day mini unit (each lesson approx. 15-30) teaching students to use the app Book Creator. Students will make a simple digital book and then save it to iBooks. This is a great mini unit to start out the school year or use anytime throughout the year.
Students will use the camera app, follow a guideline grid to take selfies, (grid options for the classroom, playground and around the school) write sentences about the selfies, place selfies in the app Book Creator, add text and then publish their book to iBooks. After their book is in iBooks students will grade themselves using the rubric included. Students will then have a blast sharing their final books.
1. Download the free apps Book Creator and iBooks
2. Copy the Selfie Grid, Sentence Paper and Rubric
3. Play the video as your class follows along with their iPad.
1. Explicit written teaching instructions with full color photos.
2. A video for each lesson that walks students through everything
they need to do on the iPad.
3. A QR code of each video so that if students need to rewatch it on their own they can do that. (I-nigma app is recommended to scan the QR codes.)
4. Writing Station QR code cards.
(Once students make the first book there are plenty of other options that students could do. This could be a writing station in your classroom for weeks to come.)
Check out these other iPad Lessons
iPad Lesson What does the Box Say
iPad Lesson A Few of My Favorite Things
Check out this FREEBIE to get an idea of what iPad lessons are like.
Animal Facts-Research and Digital Mini Poster
Be sure to give me some feedback if you like the FREEBIE iPad lesson. Thanks so much.
©Anita Goodwin 2014