iPad Lessons gives you everything you need to teach using free apps and your classroom ipads. (Perfect for classrooms with 1:1 iPads or small sets of iPads.)
Simple, Easy Lessons With Little Teacher preparation.
What Does The Box Say?
is a 2-3 day mini unit using The Day the Crayons Quit as a mentor text. (each lesson approx. 15-30) teaching students to use the free app Chatterpix. Students will make a talking school supply video and save it to their cameral roll. This is a great mini unit to start out the school year.
Students will write a letter from the point of view of a school supply, time themselves with their iPad stopwatch to make sure it is no longer than 30 seconds, then record themselves reading their letter as a talking school supply. The first one they make together will be a Crayon Box. That is where the title What does the Box Say comes from.
1. Download the free app Chatterpix
2. Copy the brainstorming sheet, and blank letter template.
3. Play the video as your class follows along with their iPad.
Note you will also need the book The Day the Crayons Quit to use as a Mentor Text. If you don't already have this book maybe your school library does. It is an awesome book and well worth purchasing.
1. Explicit written teaching instructions with full color photos.
2. A video for each lesson that walks students through everything
they need to do on the iPad.
3. A QR code of each video so that if students need to rewatch it on their own they can do that. (I-nigma app is recommended to scan the QR codes.)
4. Writing Station QR code cards.
(Once students make the first Chatterpix there are plenty of other options that students could do from the point of view of other school supplies. This could be a writing station in your classroom for weeks to come.)
5. Rubrics are also included for both students and teachers to give their scores if you would like to have a grade for the project.
This was amazing! Your video tutorials were such a big help and my 3rd graders loved, loved, loved this activity!!
Can't wait to use this great resource! Thanks for making my life easier. :)
Please feel free to check out the preview if you would like to see what this product has in it.
Check out these other iPad Lessons
iPad Lesson Selfie Snaps
iPad Lesson A Few of My Favorite Things
iPad Lesson TidBits Animal Edition
iPad Technology Workstation Fluency Numbers, Letters, and Sight Words
Techie Sweetheart Fun
Check out this FREEBIE to get an idea of what iPad lessons are like.
Animal Facts-Research and Digital Mini Poster
Be sure to give me some feedback if you like the FREEBIE iPad lesson. Thanks so much.
©Anita Goodwin 2014