After several years of using 1:1 iPads in my classroom I have put together a complete set of management materials that should help hold your students accountable when using these learning tools.
A set of rules posters include the following six rules:
1. Carry your iPad with two hands
2. Only use your iPad and apps with teacher permission
3. Do not eat or drink by your iPad
4. Plug in your iPad when the battery is low
5. Always know where your iPad is
6. Be responsible, respectful, caring, and safe while using your iPad.
iPad licenses, an iPad jail label, and iPad license tickets are also included in this management materials pack.
After teaching and learning all of the rules students are able to earn their iPad license. If students break a rule they lose their iPad license and their iPad goes to "iPad Jail" (A tub with the included label attached to it). You may also choose to issue a ticket to the student, recording the rule broken and how long their iPad license is suspended for.