The CCSS ELA calls for writing across the curriculum. These patterns for display provide motivation for this skill by tapping into the youth fascination with technology. You are provided with a pattern for the paper iPod, for the writing frame, and for the touch pad along with directions for assembly and suggestions for use.
1. Print the iPod pattern on brightly colored paper. You will need one per student. Have the student cut around the outer edge.
2. Print the page with the writing frame and touch pad on white paper. Have the student cut around the outer edges of both, and around the inner edge of the touch pad.
3. Have each student complete the required writing assignment in final format on the writing frame
4. Have each student glue the writing frame and touch pad onto the brightly colored iPod.
5. Take a snapshot of each student while he/she is doing the activity you have targeted. Print it in on regular white paper in 4”x6” format. Have the student glue his/her photo along just the upper edge of the writing frame forming a flap.
6. Each paper iPod is now ready for display.