Letter recitation practice sheets are designed to provide students with fast, repetitive practice with letter naming. Instead of a student saying a letter once, he/she says the letter up to five times within a given sheet. When students practice letter naming with flash cards and other materials, the educator is required to turn the cards as the student names the letters. The time spent in turning cards consumes valuable seconds. Letter recitation sheets save instructional time.
These letter naming practice sheets would work well with your RTI activities. The letter naming sheets are designed for one-on-one or small group instruction. They are not effective as a large group activity.
5 letters are targeted with each recitation sheet. The letter is presented 5 times on the sheet. The animal faces serve as prompts for children to stay with the correct row of letters when letter naming practice is taking place.
Here's what is included in this file:
1. 5 sets of uppercase letter recitation sheets - BLACK ink.
2. 5 sets of lowercase letter recitation sheets - BLACK ink.
3. 5 sets of uppercase letter recitation sheets - COLOR ink.
4. 5 sets of lowercase letter recitation sheets - COLOR ink.
5. Alphabet cards - BLACK ink.
6. Alphabet cards - COLOR ink.
7. 2 letter knowledge assessments - (One for uppercase, one for lowercase.)
8. 2 teacher recording sheets for the assessments.