Book Companion for There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves
1. EET Board Game: Roll a die and move to the corresponding space.
Describe the thing that the lady swallowed based on the color of
the space (i.e. Blue: you carve a pumpkin or eat it
2. Old Lady Vocabulary: Many ways to play, matching, or as review
before or after you read the book.
3. Following Directions Craftivity: Use for spatial concepts and
4. EET Worksheet: Spin the spinner or pick a card to decide what thing
that the old lady swallows you want to describe, use the worksheet to
describe it with Sara Smith’s awesome EET
5. Old Lady Sequencing: Cut and glue the story in order
6. Feed the Old Lady: Feed the Old Lady as you retell the story.
Cute and glue the old lady’s head to a box or container
7. Wh- Questions: Review the Story with Wh Questions
8. Can you guess it? Headbanz Style Game