Enjoy the poetry of a popular chicano poet, Francisco X Alarcon with this poem about the harvest of fruits and vegetables and the people who work in the fields. Explore and enjoy poetry while discussing issues of social justice. Practice vocabulary and fluency with games like "I have, who has".
The packet includes:
• The poem “benditas manos” in Spanish and English
• "Know the author" work sheets
• Blank and lined paper with frames for composing and drawing
• Instructions and ideas for the teacher
• Task cards
• Set of “yo tengo ¿quién tiene?” game with 30 cards based on fruits and vegetables.
Francisco X Alarcon is a well-known poet and writer, a great role model from a Hispanic heritage. Reinforce the creativity of your students by creating a circle of poetry that can be done once a week, month, or during centers.
Explore Latin-american poetry and/or national poetry month!