Added full size version of story as an option for teachers.
I redid the directions on this since the last review.
16 different activities that address 9 common core standards in English, including reading strategies, writing, phonics, and grammar,.
1. teacher copy of story, pages 5-12.
2. Black and white student copy, pages 13-15
3. Story Cube and sentences, pages 16-20
4. Story Element Cards, pages 21-23.
5. Questions on story, pages 24-25.
6. Favorite part of the story worksheet, pages 26-27.
7. Correct punctuation and capitalization, pages 28-30.
8. Silly Sentence Mix Up, pages 31-34.
9. Alphabet Sequence Worksheets, pages 35-39.
10. Ending Sound Worksheets, pages 40-45.
11. P Verses K Ending Sound Worksheet and Dominoes, pages 46 -50.
12. Rhyming Worksheets (-ip, -op), pages 51-54.
13. Initial Sound of –ip, -op word family, pages 55-56.
14. C verses R initial sound, pages 57-58
2 New Activities:
15. Write a New Ending to the Story using the Picture as a prompt
(Word Bank Included)
16. Story sequence paper chain
File Folder Game: C verses R
File Folder Game: Rhyming –ip, -op word family
Count by 10 with Baby Chicks File Folder Game
I always ask another teacher to review my work before I post it. This is what this kindergarten teacher said. She said,"You have done an amazing job on this unit. I definitely think that it is a Kindergarten level unit. Love the story and the sequence. Student Booklet- Great idea, I always love it when the students can make a story their own and with this, they can! Story Cube- I really like the fact that this is a new concept, something that will most definitely keep the students engaged. Test- Many of our students are not exposed to a test that is written, this is perfect!, etc."