Reading Street Common Core Supplement (2013) FIRST GRADE Unit 5
SIMPLE WRITING CRAFTS with and without word banks
If you are looking for a very simple way to add a fun craft and writing to your Reading Street routine, then this may be the answer!
These super simple crafts and writing activities were designed to align with the following Reading Street Common Core FIRST GRADE stories from Unit 5:
Tippy-Toe Chick, Go!
Mole and the Baby Bird
Dot and Jabber
Alexander Graham Bell
The Stone Garden
For each story, you will get one page with a character's head* (2 per page to save on paper).
Then you may choose from the following options to differentiate:
- 1 page with the Story Title, a Writing Prompt (lined paper), and a word bank in the border
- 1 page with the Story Title and a word bank which will help with spelling and possible ideas for writing (lined paper)
- 1 page with the Story Title and a Writing Prompt (lined paper)
- 1 page with the Story Title without a prompt/word bank which will allow you to assign the prompt or have the students write without giving them a prompt (lined paper)
- 1 page without a title/prompt/word bank which will allow the child to add a title and write a story (lined paper)
*Note: There are 2 different character heads provided for Alexander Graham Bell for you to choose from.
Each page gives you cutting lines and tells you where to paste. After writing the story, the children simply color, decorate, cut, and paste.
Cuteness made simple!
Note: If you are not using the Reading Street Series, you may still use the untitled pages to write a story and complete the craft.
Please don't forget to follow me for updates on new products and free resources!
Thanks very much for looking!
Learning With A Smile
Keywords: Reading Street Supplement, Reading Street Grade 1 Supplement, Reading Street Crafts, Reading Street First Grade Supplement, Reading Street Writing Activity, Reading Street Common Core Supplement for Grade 1, Unit 5 Crafts, Reading Street Unit 5 Writing, Mouse Character, Bird Character, Chick Character, Alexander Graham Bell Character, Girl Character, Boy and Girl Character, Writing with Word Banks