The Haunting of Grade Three This is a novel study for The Haunting of Grade Three by Grace Maccarone. This TEKS aligned novel study contains 19 pages of meaningful student work and an answer key! The novel study of The Haunting of Grade Three is organized by chapter, grouping chapters 10 & 11 and chapters 14 & 15. The questions included in this novel study were created from STAAR stem questions and will inspire thought provoking conversation about the book The Haunting of Grade Three.
While completing this novel study of The Haunting of Grade Three, students will:
* use foreshadowing clues to make predictions.
* locate facts and details using text evidence to support their answers.
* use prefixes and suffixes to understand the meaning of unknown words.
* use context clues to determine the relevant meaning of unknown words.
* distinguish between multiple meaning words.
* identify and use synonyms and antonyms.
* sequence the plot's main events.
* explain how events influence future events.
* summarize the plot's main events.
* describe the interaction of characters, their relationships, and the changes they undergo.
* understand how figurative language creates sensory images.
* make inferences and use text evidence to support their understanding.