This is a detailed plan of the Grade 3 Hearing and Sound Unit. It shows each lessons connection with the Program of Studies as well as the activities that are in accordance with each lesson.
Detailed lessons are not included.
This activity is great for K-6. Using plasticine, students will create Dr. Suess inspired scenes and characters.
This extended lesson plan includes:
- learning objectives
- cross-curricular connections with Language arts including activity
This unit plan consists of Cluster Outcomes, Indicators of Learning, and Assessments and Tasks.
The Cluster Outcomes are as follows:
- Values and Attitudes - 1.1.1 and 1.1.2
- Knowledge and Understanding - 1.1.5 and 1.1.3
- Skills and Processes -
Engage your students right off the bat with this introduction to the measurement unit! Find out what they know with the trap checklist sheet and watch their inquiry flourish as they complete it.
This lesson can be modified around any type of trap!
In this lesson students will learn and explore about pitch using tuning forks. Teacher resources are also included in the plan.
4. Recognize that pitch is the result of differences in the rate of vibration, and predict how a change in
This lesson talks about the dangers of listening to loud sounds. Materials needed: smartboard
3. Recognize that there are ways of measuring the loudness of sounds and that loud sounds pose a danger to the ear.
10. Recognize that
This lesson discusses the purpose of sound and communication as well as what vibrations are in regards to sound.
8. Describe how the human ear senses vibration
9. compare the range of hearing in humans to that in other animals
This lesson is a basic introduction for the Hearing and Sound unit. Its gets the children to be more aware of how the unit relates to what is around them
The essential learning target is: Students will understand the meaning of sound by exploring