Allows students to make "unloseable" flash cards to learn more advanced parts of a map. Most of the content is done for them but their are a few spots where they will need to fill in the blanks. Worked great for all different levels of learners.
1) Spaghetti Tower Lab: students will design a tower made from spaghetti and marshmallows
2) Students will design a tower that is at least 30cms tall
3) Must brainstorm idea and explanation in science journals.
4) Each piece of spaghetti and
Includes: Lesson, powerpoint, graphic organizer and much, much more!!!
-Describe the impact of the expansion of European settlements on American Indians in Ohio.
-Explain the reasons people came to Ohio that led to the development of Ohio as a
Scientific Inquiry: Develop, design and conduct safe simple investigations or experiments to answer questions.
1) Sugar Cube Lab: students will determine if stirring the water causes the sugar cube to break apart fast than not stirring
Anticipatory Set: Mention a food or other product whose advertisement is familiar with students. Have them make statements about the product. Discuss the difference between observation (the cereal is sweet) and inference (the cereal is good for
Objective for lesson:
• Students will read and interpret simple tables produced by self/others by filling out the shape of their bubble wands, making their predictions, and then recording their results. They will compare their results with
Great written response questions to review content before the long winter break.
Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect--reviews character traits, predictions, inferences, and theme.
A New Coat for Anna- sequencing and story elements
The quarter you design could be a quarter to trade for services or purchases in your family, in your school, or it could be a quarter you design for a special purpose. Design a new quarter that represents you and your lifestyle. Be sure to explain
We have been working on the scientific method and doing different labs and experiments with them. Today we are going to learn more about that and do an experiment using something called inqury.
Instruction Strategies: whole group instruction,
Today it is your turn to be scientists. You are going to be designing and solving your own problems with a partner to create and invitation.
1. Pass out homecoming parade and game invitation engineering
2. Go over assignment and rubric