Over the course of my career, I have had the opportunity to work in an array of settings, in multiple classrooms, in many subject areas, and with a variety of students! While I hold a school administrator's certificate, I find myself called to serve hands-on in the classroom and designing curriculum.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE: Gr K-2 Special Education Math Resource; Gr 1-4 General Education; Gr 5 General Education Math; Gr 6-8 Special Education Math
Multisensory, hands-on approach to learning, followed up with technology integration. HUGE advocate, lover, and user of interactive notebooks!
• Master Teacher with Epic! for the 2019-2020 school year
• Global Ambassador for Prodigy Math Game since 2018
• Highly Effective Teacher, NJ Department of Education, 2018, 2017
• Summa Cum Laude, Rutgers Graduate School of Education, 2011
• Departmental Honors in Linguistics, Rutgers University, 2010
• New Jersey Expedited Certification for Educational Leadership (NJECEL) Program, 2019, Foundation for Educational Administration (FEA)
• Orton-Gillingham, 2016, Institute for Multisensory Education (IMSE)
• M.Ed. in Elementary (K-6) and Teacher of Students with Disabilities (K-12), 2011, Rutgers University Graduate School of Education
• B.A in Linguistics, 2010, Rutgers University
I wear many hats, and proudly do so with a smile on my face, thanks to His Good Grace.www.teachingprincipal.com
English Language Arts, Reading, Spelling, Vocabulary, Specialty, Math, Algebra, Applied Math, Basic Operations, Fractions, Geometry, Graphing, Measurement, Numbers, Order of Operations, Other (Math), Science, Biology, Social Studies - History, Native Americans, U.S. History, World Language, Spanish, EFL - ESL - ELD, For All Subject Areas, Classroom Management, Statistics, Word Problems, Instructional Technology, General Science, Problem Solving, Writing, Holidays/Seasonal, Back to School, Christmas/ Chanukah/ Kwanzaa, The New Year, Martin Luther King Day, Decimals, Black History Month, Place Value, For All Subjects, Phonics, Classroom Community