Grade 1 math dice game
Roll 3 dice or number cubes and use addition or subtraction of 2 numbers to make the number on each feather.
The first to color in all the feathers wins.
Great for math centers!
My activities use simple materials that
19 Review Questions each on a separate poster
- Students start at any poster and work in partners or by themselves and find the next answer and do the work at that poster.
- If done correctly, students will visit all 19 questions.
- Perfect for a
- Students take turns rolling 4 dice
- Students use any 3 of the 4 numbers and adds them and makes an equation with 3 addends
- The first to fill in all the equations wins
Our students needed more practice with adding more than 2 addends so I
Roll 2 dice, a color die and a white die. Form a double digit number from the dice - the colored die represents the number of tens while the white die represents the number of ones. Then subtract 10 from that number. At the end compare your
Students roll 2 dice and add a starting number to come up with the sum of the three addends. At the end they compare and find their largest sum and smallest sum.
Can be played as practice, as a partner game or small group instruction.