Over 13 years of experience teaching Grades 7 and 8 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Over the years, I have taught Reading, Writing, Oral Communication, Media Literacy, History, Geography, (Global Studies), Math, Drama, Homeroom, ESL, Spec Ed, Gifted.
I have given away $750 as of Friday July 2, 2021.
FOLLOW MY STORE
To help teachers adapt to COVID-19, I am giving away ten TpT gift cards worth $10 each to my followers.
These are standard TpT Gift Cards that can be used anywhere on TpT. Although it would be great if you bought one of my resources, you can spend the money however you like.
How to win:
- Follow my store by clicking here.
- Before the next TpT sale, I will send out a note to followers with 3 easy questions.
- The first 10 people to fill out the contest form will win a $10 TpT gift card! (The link to the contest form is in the note to followers (which is hiding in your TpT inbox .)
A few things to know:
- Your chances of winning are excellent. I don't have a lot of followers (yet) and most people won't bother participating, so if you answer the 3 questions in the contest form, you stand a really good chance of winning.
- I have set aside some gift cards for teachers who work with disadvantaged communities to ensure they get the support they need. If that's you, please briefly explain your situation and you still may be able to win (even if the first 10 gift cards have already gone out!)
- If you have won in one of my other contests, you can still win a $10 TpT gift card in this contest (but you have to answer additional questions.)
- Bonus hint: Sign up for my Educircles email newsletter where I give away other free stuff (and tell people when to check their TpT inbox...).
- Winners will receive their TpT gift card via email at the start of the next TpT sale.
- Give away contest void where prohibited by law. No purchase is required to enter this contest.
- If you're still here reading this post, here are the first two questions: 1) Where do you teach (city, country)?, 2) What do you teach (grade, subject)?... the last question will be in the note to followers. Good luck!
MY TEACHING STYLE
Thank you for all that you do to support your students - whether it's dealing with Covid-19 or empowering them to deal with systemic racism. You impact your students in more ways than you know. Take care of yourself. We need you.
Teachers around the world have DOWNLOADED Educircles resources 30,380 times as of Friday, July 30, 2021.
That's very cool and very humbling at the same time!
Thank you for all of the downloads, comments and follows!
Cheers, Mike Fuchigami
OVERWHELMED by Distance Learning and Remote ONLINE Learning?
4 WAYS TO HELP YOUR STUDENTS the challenges of DISTANCE LEARNING:
- REMIND students how to be GOOD CITIZENS to help our school and our global community.
- EXPLAIN the COMMUNICATION process so we communicate more effectively - in person or from home.
- DEVELOP a growth mindset and build CHARACTER during uncertain times.
- THINK CRITICALLY: analyze information, form opinions, and make decisions based on logic and high-quality information instead of fear and emotion.
FOLLOW my store and SUBSCRIBE to my email newsletter so you don't miss out!
My teaching style:
I am passionate about the following 3 things:
- A STRATEGY-BASED GROWTH MINDSET APPROACH: I believe in helping students to try to find a growth mindset. I believe that using strategies can help students to reach their academic and non-academic goals.
- DIGITAL LITERACY: I regularly integrate technology into my program. Over the years, I have explored everything from BYOD to chromebook carts to COWs to laptop pods and 1:1 technology models. I like using google docs and google slides with my students. I am exploring using Google Classroom as a framework to have students submit work and receive marks.
- EQUITY EDUCATION and SOCIAL JUSTICE: I believe in choosing resources and materials that raise awareness and hopefully inspire students to help make the world a better place. I have to teach the curriculum. I get to choose the resources that I use to guide my students through the curriculum.
HONORS/AWARDS/SHINING TEACHER MOMENT
Some cool moments so far:
- The day one of my parents nominated me for an Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Winning a Teacher Appreciation Contest and going overseas to help rebuild a school.
- Winning a digital interactive whiteboard for my classroom by tweeting how I use technology in my class
- The day a former student told me I was the most influencial male influence in his life.
MY OWN EDUCATIONAL HISTORY
My Bachelor of Education is from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto.
My superhero power is the ability to look at myself in the mirror with my eyes closed.
ADDITIONAL BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
I try to make the world a better place.
I do this by showing students how to stand up for themselves and for others. Oh. And, I also make lesson plans and other digital products.
NOTE: I am not participating in the School Access program
Sorry for any inconvenience, but the Educircles 21st-century products will not be available in the School Access catalog at this time.
There are many reasons, but one of the biggest reasons is that I don't want you to have to pay for my resources year-after-year which is what you would currently have to do in the School Access Beta. My belief is that once you purchase a resource from Educircles.org, it's yours for life. Including any updates.
If you'd like to know more about why I opted out, read this post.
On Mon Feb 10, 2020, we donated $97.77 from the sales of our CITIZENSHIP resource and this reading response article to Save the Children to support their Australian Bushfire Relief efforts. Teachers Pay Teachers matched our donation so thank you for helping to make the world a better place!