- Instrumental Music - I began my professional career teaching instrumental music in grades 5-12.
- Elementary Music - Most of my experience has been in the elementary music classroom where I taught for over 25 years.
- Parent Educator - I have also worked simultaneously as a Parent Educator with the Missouri Parents as Teachers program.
- Church Musician - Serving as a church musician and active performer in the community is an important part of my life.
- Professional Development - I have also had experience conducting professional development for other teachers in our large school district.
MY TEACHING STYLE
All students should be engaged and learning by doing. Learning is an active, not a passive event. Learning should be fun!
HONORS/AWARDS/SHINING TEACHER MOMENT
- Perform - I was recently honored to perform with the St. Louis Symphony in their first ever "Side by Side" Concert. What an AMAZING experience!
- Finalist - I was selected as a finalist for the Jefferson City Public Schools Teacher of the Year two different times.
- Shining Teacher Moments - It is an honor to perform along side former students. I love seeing how they have grown musically and being able to stay in touch as they pursue personal and professional goals.
MY OWN EDUCATIONAL HISTORY
- Bachelor of Music, Culver-Stockton College, Canton, MO
- Master of Science in Education, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO
- Instructional Technology Certificate, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO
- Google Educator, Level 1 Certification
ADDITIONAL BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
I am a busy retired music teacher. I regularly perform with Kapital Kix Big Band and Southside Philharmonic Orchestra. I play in pit orchestras for our very active local theatre companies as well as at church. But, my most important job is mentoring other music teachers.
PreK, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, Homeschool, Staff, Not Grade Specific
English Language Arts, Spelling, Specialty, Social Studies - History, European History, World Language, German, Arts & Music, Visual Arts, Music, Music Composition, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Other (Music), For All Subject Areas, Classroom Management, Holidays/Seasonal, Back to School, Christmas/ Chanukah/ Kwanzaa, Halloween, Winter, Valentine's Day, Black History Month, For All Subjects, Early Intervention