- Elementary Music - Most of my experience has been in the elementary music classroom where I taught grades K-5 for over 25 years. Like most music teachers, I have taught in various grade levels including high school choir, and band, grades 5-12.
- Parent Educator - I also worked simultaneously as a Parent Educator with the Missouri Parents as Teachers program.
- Church Musician - Serving as a church musician and active performer in the community is an important part of my life.
- Professional Development - I offer professional development focusing on developing students' music literacy skills using engaging, sequential performance activities.
MY TEACHING STYLE
All students should be engaged and active learners. Learning should be fun!
HONORS/AWARDS/SHINING TEACHER MOMENT
- Perform - I was recently honored to perform with the St. Louis Symphony in their first ever "Side by Side" Concert. What an AMAZING experience!
- Finalist - I was selected as a finalist for the Jefferson City Public Schools Teacher of the Year two different times.
- Shining Teacher Moments - It is an honor to perform along side former students. I love seeing how they have grown musically and being able to stay in touch as they pursue personal and professional goals.
MY OWN EDUCATIONAL HISTORY
- Bachelor of Music, Culver-Stockton College, Canton, MO
- Master of Science in Education, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO
- Instructional Technology Certificate, Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO
- Google Educator, Level 1 Certification
ADDITIONAL BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
I am a busy retired music teacher. During the height of the pandemic, I taught online elementary music part-time for the Missouri Launch program. I regularly perform with Kapital Kix Big Band and Southside Philharmonic Orchestra. Playing in pit orchestras for our very active local theatre companies and performing in my church brings me great joy.
Now, my most important job is mentoring other music teachers.
PreK, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, Homeschool, Staff, Not Grade Specific
English Language Arts, Spelling, Specialty, Social Studies - History, European History, World Language, German, Arts & Music, Visual Arts, Music, Music Composition, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Other (Music), For All Subject Areas, Classroom Management, Holidays/Seasonal, Back to School, Christmas/ Chanukah/ Kwanzaa, Halloween, Winter, Valentine's Day, Black History Month, For All Subjects, Early Intervention