I have been teaching in the Upper Canada District School Board since 2003. Teaching science and technology is my passion, so I especially love when I can combine them both.
I feel that students learn best when they are regularly challenged to convey their understanding of key concepts in science. These Interactive Quizzes allow for quick formative assessment, in an engaging format.
I enjoy experimenting! I attempt to follow a varied and integrated approach to teaching that blends my personality and interests with students’ needs and curriculum-appropriate methods. I like to try new approaches, keeping what works for my students and tossing out what doesn't.
• 2016 Trustee Innovation Award, UCDSB
• 2015 Gamification Course, University of Pennsylvania, Coursera.org
• Bachelor of Science (Spec. Hons.), York University, Ontario, 1994
• Master of Science, McMaster University, Ontario, 1996
• Bachelor of Education, The University of Western Ontario, Ontario, 1997
• Intermediate and Senior Divisions, Science - Physics, August 1997
• Intermediate and Senior Divisions, Mathematics, August 1997
• Honour Specialist, Physics, September 2004
• Senior Division, Science - Chemistry, July 2013
I live in Ottawa, Ontario with my wife, a teacher in the elementary panel, and three boys that enjoy dance and community theatre. Enjoying technical challenges, I often get involved with their endeavours by designing the audio and visual displays to accompany their performances.
I enjoy implementing educational technology in the classroom, learning along with students and sharing resources with colleagues.