This product includes five primary sources and corresponding analysis questions for each:
- 1 looking at the role of women
- 2 looking at the effect on Natives
- 2 looking at the effect on African-Americans
Accompanying powerpoint also for sale!
This activity looks at five aspects of Southern life during the Reconstruction period. Students will explore:
1. The Freedmen's Bureau
2. Voting Restrictions (poll tax, grandfather clause, literacy tests)
4. The KKK
5. The Southern
4 activities in one packet!
- Political cartoon analysis (Do Now w/ questions)
- Research 4 candidates w/ graphic organizer
- Analysis of Election of 1860 map questions
- Analysis of South Carolina's Declaration of Causes and Secession + Lincoln's
Students will learn both content and research as they work in partners to answers questions about Pinckney's Treaty, Jay's Treaty, and Washington's Foreign Policy beliefs. They will be asked to provide a primary source as evidence that supports
This activity is great as a part of an intro unit for any history course! Students should be placed in groups and will be required to answer prompt (customizable, but since this is used in a US I course I chose "Assess the validity of the following
This worksheet has students us the IB model of OPVL to analyze a document related to Jamestown. Students will look at the Origin, Purpose, Values and Limitations to gain a deeper understanding of the content.
This group project assigns students to a special counsel to the President. Students must advise the president on how to rebuild the United States of America after a long and costly war. Great first lesson of a Reconstruction unit!! Students always