This resource has the the potential to be used throughout the school year to promote positive, productive student writing conferences. This resource can be used with any form of narrative writing [short stories, memoirs, etc.], and teachers can
This download is a handout that helps students develop well-written and well-supported responses to their reading using the R.A.C.E. format.
The handout includes a rubric that is written in student-friendly
- Bookmark for student use
- Can also be used as reader's notebook insert for student reference
- ELA Resource: Grades 5-8
- Provides "After-Reading" questions to help students develop independent comprehension skills and strategies
The "Missing Homework Form" you are about to download is a reproducible form for use grades 5-12.
I maintain a binder with all missing homework forms in my classroom. It is divided into a section for each student, and when he or she misses an
Are you looking for a rubric to assess students' mastery of skills related to CCSS Speaking and Listening Standards?
If so, this rubric has the potential to be the perfect addition to your classroom! Rather than assigning students a subjective
This handout may serve as a valuable reference in students' writing notebooks and/or binders.
- Copy on colored photo paper for easy student-reference
- Laminate and post in the classroom
- Integrate into classroom procedures as
This product provides students with a scaffolded approach to revising their informative and expository writing pieces.
This may be utilized in a variety of ways:
- Guide students to use this resource throughout the writing process as a
Writer's Notebook Insert
ELA: Grades 5-8
- Use this handout as a basis for a writer's workshop mini-lesson on elaboration strategies.
- Copy for students to place in their writer's notebooks and maintain as a reference.
Are you looking for an authentic way to hold students accountable for their reading while promoting a culture of excited readers in your classroom? Have you tried reading responses and reading logs, but are looking for something exciting and