• Have taught mathematics for over 9 years. • Have tutored mathematics for over 13 years. • Currently working as a general education math teacher, in which I include learning approaches and strategies into teaching for all students. • Have worked as a mathematics intervention specialist, supporting special education and at-risk students in general education math classes before, during, and after the school day. • Have worked as a special education math teacher, in which I included special learning approaches and strategies for students with special needs, such as learning disabilities, ADHD, ASD, and hearing/visual impairments. . • Have worked as a co-teacher in which I supported special education students in general education math classes. • Have and continue to utilize technology in the classroom through use of a SmartBoard, iPad, document camera, data projector, classroom clicker set, TI calculators, and TI Navigator.
• Inclusive • Positive • Supportive • Data-driven
• Have written and been awarded several grants for the math department I work in.
• Master’s Degree (2009 Michigan State University): Special Education, Learning Disabilities • Bachelor’s of Science Degree (2007 Michigan State University): Major: Mathematics Minor: Earth Science • Teacher Certifications (2008 State of Michigan): Special Education, Learning Disabilities (SM): grades K -12 Mathematics (EX): grades 6 – 12 Earth Science (DH): grades 6 – 12
• Lifetime resident of the Mitten state. • Passionate about teaching mathematics to students of all abilities. • Mother to 3 children, who I love to teach new things to everyday.
English Language Arts, Reading, Math, Algebra, Applied Math, Geometry, Graphing, Measurement, Social Studies - History, U.S. History, Word Problems, Algebra 2, Holidays/Seasonal, Valentine's Day, Martin Luther King Day, St. Patrick's Day