· Music educator for 25 years (K-12 vocal/instrumental, university) · Bachelor of Arts--K-12 Vocal & Instrumental Music Education · Masters in Choral Conducting · Doctorate of Musical Arts in Choral Conducting · Past ACDA President for the State of North Dakota · Adjudicator at regional and state music festivals · Frequest Guest Conductor at music festivals/events (International Music Camp, ND Girls State Chorus, Surround the State in Song, music festivals, etc) · Led performance tours, both domestically and internationally for 25 years · Website designer (school, NDACDA, www.rebeccaraber.com) · Former Editor/Designer of The Chorister (NDACDA Journal)
· Passionate about music education · Encouraging/sharing music as a lifelong experience · Creative environment supportive for learning · Intuitive interaction in the classroom · Adaptive to student needs · Always thirsty to learn more! · Experiential. Listening. Connecting.
· North Dakota Choral Director of the Year (NDACDA) · NDACDA President · ND Governor's Choir · Outstanding Teacher Award from High School Activities Association · College Fellow Awards in History and Music · Graduated Summa cum Laude with Special Honors · Photography/graphics/web design features/awards www.rebeccaraber.com
· 1994: BA Music, Jamestown College · 2001: Master of Music in Choral Conducting, University of North Dakota · 2018 Doctorate of Musical Arts in Choral Conducting, North Dakota State University
· Research/learning interests: Coded Message Songs of Slavery, Spirituals, Gullah, Sacred Music · Emphasis on continual learning · Love and appreciation of travel, domestic & international · Photography: www.rebeccaraber.com · Our dogs, Murphy & Dottie
English Language Arts, Creative Writing, Specialty, Arts & Music, Music, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Other (Music), Religion, Religion, For All Subject Areas, Classroom Management, Character Education, Writing, Reading Strategies, Holidays/Seasonal, Back to School, For All Subjects