Hi! I'm Meaghann Lynne, founder of One Room Together. I have over 20 years of eclectic teaching experience:
• Special education in elementary intensive intervention public school classrooms
• Service learning and conflict resolution in afterschool programs for kids from socially toxic environments
• Horseback riding to children with severe emotional and behavioral disorders
• Recreation activities to kids living in group homes
• Cultural diversity to adults with disabilities
• Performance engaging literacy in government housing communities
• Reading and math tutoring to middle and high school students
• Dance to women of all ages
• College courses as a graduate assistant
• Multiple enrichment topics in homeschool co-ops
My favorite learning activities are integrated, hands-on, collaborative, student centered, grounded in discovery based authentic learning, and happen in the outdoor classroom.
Active citizenship, conservation, intrinsic motivation, cultural diversity, resilience, critical thinking, relationship building, and self-determination are central components of my teaching philosophy.
I am influenced by Progressivism, Constructivism, Montessori, Waldorf, Critical Pedagogy, and my daughters (who have taught me more about teaching and learning than anything else).
Summa cum laude, Western Carolina University
Cum laude, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Cum laude, Appalachian State University
Elected Team Representative during my two years of service with AmeriCorps.
Earned Qualified Mental Health Professional status for my work in teaching equine assisted therapeutic horseback riding and helping therapeutic foster families with behavior management.
Previous Guardian ad Litem
Previous Sexual Assault Victim Advocate
M.A.T. in Special Education, Western Carolina University
M.A. in Performance Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
B.S. in Interpersonal and Nonverbal Communications with a minor in Art, Appalachian State University
I currently homeschool my daughters, lead an enrichment co-op and a forest play co-op, design curriculum, homestead, and teach North African dance in the ancient mountains of Western North Carolina.
LEARN MORE about One Room Together at: