• Taught elementary school 6 years (mostly 4th grade) LOVE teaching!
• Homeschooled 4 students 24 years grades K-12
• Directed children's chorus as a classroom teacher and continued as a homeschool teacher LOVE music!
• Taught Drama Club about 10 years LOVE trustworthy scripts!
• Planned two programs a year as a classroom teacher and as a homeschool teacher (about 16 years total) LOVE seeing children on stage!
• Piano and guitar teacher LOVE music!
• Reading tutor (elementary) LOVE reading!
• English as a Second Language tutor (adult) LOVE tutoring!
• Managing Director for ReadersTheaterAllYear.com LOVE helping teachers globally build leaders and creators with trustworthy Readers Theater!
• Encourage students to recognize that each one is special and motivate them to do his/her best.
• Create a "safe" environment where positive character counts.
• Integrate curriculum and have fun while we build the necessary skills for students to be leaders and creators.
• Incorporate non-fiction Readers Theater into cross-curricular learning opportunities
• Published Readers Theater articles in "Teachers of Vision" magazine, "The Teaching Home Magazine," and "Readers Theater Digest."
• Interviewed on Readers Theater by HSLDA for their radio broadcast "Homeschool Heartbeat."
• Masters Degree in Education with emphasis in Reading
• Phi Beta Kappa
• Valedictorian (high school)
L.L. (Lifelong Learner) to help teachers change the world with Readers Theater
M.A. in Education with an emphasis in Reading from California State University in San Bernardino (masters project in Readers Theater)
B.A. in Education from the University of Redlands in California
- Puppets have always been a part of my teaching. I've rewritten puppet scripts to use with students.
- We have a family of musicians who also happen to enjoy nature and the arts.
- Healthy living is a passion because our family walked through a nightmare with Environmental Illness in my body.
- I married a prince in a fairytale long-distance romance using mostly hand-written letters sent across the country. (Personal computers weren't invented!)
- I dream about changing the world with Readers Theater and teachers like you. :)
• Discover Readers Theater made easy as well as more FREE SCRIPTS at Readers Theater All Year
Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, Homeschool
English Language Arts, Balanced Literacy, Reading, Grammar, Specialty, Science, Anatomy, Biology, Earth Sciences, Environment, Social Studies - History, U.S. History, Arts & Music, Drama, EFL - ESL - ELD, Health, Life Skills, Gifted and Talented, Economics , Character Education, General Science, Short Stories, Oral Communication, Reading Strategies, Holidays/Seasonal, Christmas/ Chanukah/ Kwanzaa, Poetry, Winter, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Spring, Earth Day, Summer, End of Year