Students rely on their comprehension of context as they fill in the blanks of sentences with the appropriate word or phrase from their vocabulary list. Key included. The vocabulary is from U2L1 La Copa Mundial.
These two activities help students practice vocabulary from the Vamos de viaje unit. The "At the Airport" sheet requires students to label each photo with the corresponding phrase in Spanish from that vocabulary section. Students then create their
- Differentiate between using "son las" and "es la"
- Match phrases related to time-telling (y cuarto, menos, de la mañana, la hora, etc.)
- Read time given in Spanish and write it out numerically with AM/PM
This is a chapter about a family about to go on vacation. Use this "story" as a way for students to practice simple and some stem-changing verb conjugations and spelling of new vocabulary from the unit Vamos de viaje by filling in the blanks. There
Students are asked to:
- Fill in -er ending chart
- Fill in blanks of individual sentences with conjugation of beber or comer
- Read paragraph about a family's food preferences and fill in blanks with conjugation of verb in parentheses
Review activity for students to fill out verb endings on charts and fill in blanks with conjugations - 5 sentences per section. I give this right before teaching stem-changing verbs and it seems to help them when they're about to be give one extra
- unit vocabulary (travel)
- direct object pronouns
- indirect object pronouns
* I also gave them a writing assignment to test knowledge of culture/Costa Rican touristic sites - can be done in English or Spanish
Students fill in blanks with letters and full words in comparative sentences in Spanish.
Students practice the following comparative phrases:
más (adj.) que
menos (adj.) que
tan (adj.) como
Part 1 - Direct object pronouns - students rewrite a sentence by replacing the direct object noun with the appropriate direct object pronoun.
Part 2 - INdirect object pronouns - students fill in the blanks of sentences with the correct indirect