• 17 years of teaching experience
• currently teaching: Instrumental Music (Concert Band) gr. 7 to 12, Choir all grades, World History gr. 7, AP Music Theory (the last one is entirely online!)
My students: read the music they are playing, cry when the music they make moves them, get angry and joyful about the events of the past and their meaning today, see all sides of every argument (and every newspaper article), understand the power and importance of their own voice, grow into independent learners, but most of all my students don't just sit there - they experience learning.
• Outstanding Achievement in Music Education
• Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS) commendation
• B. Music, specialization in music K-12 from McGill University
• B. Education, minor in European History from McGill University
• currently in the midst of my M. Education from Queens University
• registered teacher with the Royal Conservatory of Music.
English Language Arts, Specialty, Science, Other (Science), Social Studies - History, Ancient History, U.S. History, European History, World History, Arts & Music, Music, Music Composition, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Other (Music), For All Subject Areas, Writing, Holidays/Seasonal, Back to School, The New Year, Presidents' Day, For All Subjects, Occupational Therapy, Test Preparation