• Students will be able to understand allusions and their connection to a motif in The Great Gatsby.
• Students will be able to paraphrase definitions of terms.
• Students will be able to better understand the 1920s era as historical
Want a fun independent reading project for your 9th graders? Wrap all of the books in butcher paper (there are usually big sheets of colored paper at my school) to hide the title and author, leaving only a vague description. Allow students to pick
Read important U.S. documents and write about the rhetorical strategies used within them.
1. Why is liberty a recurring motif in Early National Literature?
2. What are the rhetorical strategies: pathos, ethos, logos?
3. How can