I have taught 4th grade for the past three years in the greater Los Angeles area. Depending on the year, 85 - 95% of my students qualify for free or reduced lunch. For the past two years, 80% of my students have scored Advanced on the California Standards Test and the other 20% scored Proficient. This year, I am teaching fourth and fifth grade, and working hard to produce similar results.
I believe in empowering students to trust in themselves and each other, differentiating instruction on a daily basis, and using flexible groupings in order to provide my students with the one-on-one and small group instruction that they need in order to succeed.
None, as of yet.
I graduated as the valedictorian of my high school in 2003. In 2007, I graduated from Pitzer College with a Bachelor's of Art degree in Spanish/English and World Literature, as well as a Bachelor's of Art degree in Psychology (GPA 3.87). In 2008, I completed the Accelerated Collaborative Teaching program at California State University, Northridge (GPA 3.96) and earned my Preliminary Multiple-Subject Teaching Credential. I completed BTSA in 2010, and now hold a Clear Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.
I love teaching, and set very high standards for my students. No matter what level they enter my classroom at, my goal is for them to leave it advanced.