Math Sorts are engaging math activities that encourage math talk. Students explain how they sort their cards and build strong math concepts as they create cards of their own.
Ways to use: whole group lesson, small group lesson, independent math center, assessment, exit tickets, or homework
Download this resource and try 5 free math sorts!
The Bundle Includes the Following
- Set 1: Operations & Algebraic Thinking - 12 sorts
- Set 2: Number & Operations in Base 10 - 27 sorts
- Set 3: Measurement & Data - 30 sorts
- Set 4: Geometry - 9 sorts
Included in each Set:
- Math Sorts Binder - Pages that list all math sorts, standard, topic, and small group lesson plan page for notes
- Blank PowerPoint Template - Just add text boxes to the template and create your own sorts!
- Student Notebook Dividers - Students keep their math sorts notebook organized with these dividers. Includes learning goals!
There are 2 versions for each sort, so you can differentiate as needed. Version 1 is more challenging, because the category names are not given. Version 2 gives the category names.
Click Here to view a Blog Post about how I use and organize math sorts in your classroom.
You may also be interested in....
MORE 2nd grade Math Resources
2nd Grade Math Sorts - All Standards
2nd Grade Math Tri-Folds - All Standards
2nd Grade Morning Work - An Entire Year of Spiral Review