This product is the smart notebook version of this power point:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/3OA8-Thanksgiving-Problem-Solving-979058 (In depth notes can be found in this free file.)
Use these multi-operational word problems with the poster method or gallery walk to get kids solving real life problems straight from the kitchen!
Steps for the Poster Method (Gallery Walk)
1. Post problem
2. Give students 5- 10 minutes to solve as much of the problem as they can.
3. Groups nominate one defender to stay home and answer questions about their work.
The rest travel to other posters. They may only ask the defender questions. NO COMMENTS. (about 5-10 minutes of traveling)
4. When travelers return home they can discuss with their defender if they solved the problem correctly or not. If they want to change something they can. (3 minutes)
5. Each group presents their thinking. (5 minutes)
6. Optional – Reward team points for correctly solving the problem and defending their reasoning.