The Magic Of Math Unit 2 for THIRD GRADE focuses on:
Addition: Associative Property, Regrouping (3 Digit Numbers), Commutative Property, Breaking Apart Addends
3-Digit Regrouping, Regrouping Across Zeroes
Estimating 2 Digit Sums, Estimating 3 Digit Sums, Estimating 2 Digit Differences, Estimating 3 Digit Differences, Estimating All Solutions
One Step and Multi Step Word Problems
Here is what is included in this month long unit for 3rd grade:
-Daily Lesson Plans for 20 days
-Aligned with the 3rd Grade Common Core and TEKS
-20 Word Problems for each day that complement the skills
-Interactive Notebook Printables
-Games, Activities, and Crafts to enhance learning
-Minilessons with ideas on how to teach the skills as well as materials needed
-I Can Statements
-Anchor Chart and Pocket Chart Materials
Want a Closer Look? Here are some (not all!) activities included:
- Associate Property Charts
- Enjoy the Sum-Shine: Sun Craft with Associate Property
- Multi-Digit Addition Chart
- Feed the Squirrels: Spin, Add, and Sort Sums
- Commutative Property Charts
- Flip It! Add it! Check It!
- Spin a Spidery Sum
- Break Apart Addends Charts
- Toss It! Expand It! Add it!
- Score Some Sums: Toss and Add
- Multi-Digit Addition Quiz
- Multi-Digit Subtraction Chart
- Spin, Subtract, Order
- Regrouping Pop: Solve Subtraction Problems and Sort
- Check Your Work With Subtraction
- Pop It! Subtract It!
- The Bubblegum Pop: Subtraction
- Band-Aid Subtraction
- 4 In a Row
- Subtraction Rhymes
- Subtracting Across Zero Posters
- Race to Zero
- Sweet and Sour Differences
- Tic-Tac-Toe Subtraction
- Ice Cream Differences: Even and Odd Difference Sort
- Subtraction Quiz
- In the Bag? Shelf It? Estimating Solutions Game
- Estimating Solutions Yahtzee
- Estimation Station
- Musical Estimation
- Snatch! Estimation with Spoons
- In the Hoop: Estimating Sums
- Alien Splat: Estimating Differences
- Splat That: Create Numbers and Estimate Differences
- Alien Encounter: Estimating Differences Game
- Alien Chow: Students Roll the Menu and Estimate Differences
- Estimating Solutions KABOOM
- Estimating Solutions Quiz
- PSA Word Problem Solving Folders
- Key Word Charts
- Key Word Bookmarks
- Word Problems to Solve as a Class
- Word Problems for students to solve
- Multi-Step Word Problem Instruction
What is the Magic of Math?
The Magic of Math is a series of math lesson plans and activities that can be used as your math curriculum or as a supplement to the program that you are already using. We provide the daily lesson plans, word problem, mini-lesson, activity, and interactive notebook entries for four weeks at a time. If you don't have time for it all, that's okay too! You can just pick and choose the pieces that you want to incorporate into your math block!
Are these activities repeats from other units you have?
Absolutely NOT! We create all new activities for each Magic of Math unit. They are all unique to this purchase and are not copy/pasted from things we have previously made.
What is the difference between Magic of Math and other units you have?
Magic of Math is organized as daily lesson plans with everything you need rather than just activities.
WHAT IT IS NOT:
It is NOT a collection of worksheets. You will not find any worksheets in this series. Instead we use games, hands-on activities, engaging mini-lessons, and interactive notebooks to build our curriculum. We do try to keep in mind the amount of prep that is involved with the lessons, but some things will need to be printed, cut, and put together to use in your classroom.
Want to know more about Magic of Math? You can find a blog post about it HERE!
Check out all 3rd Grade Math Units Below:
3rd Grade Magic of Math:
THE BUNDLE HERE
Place Value HERE
Addition and Subtraction HERE
Geometry, Perimeter, and Area HERE
Time, Capacity, and Mass/Weight HERE
Data Analysis HERE
Multiplication and Division HERE
**A Money and Personal Financial Literacy unit will be released in May.**
3RD GRADE OVERVIEW