Looking for a way to quickly gauge students’ understanding of math concepts? This digital resource contains 11 self-grading, standards-based pre-assessments that students can use to show their knowledge of the Virginia 3rd Grade math curriculum through Google Forms™. These time-saving quizzes give you the data you need without the paper mess!
Use these editable pre-assessments at the beginning of the year or before each math unit to quickly and easily assess your students’ strengths and areas of growth - or use one for a post-assessment, entrance/exit ticket, review activity, classwork activity, or homework assignment! This is a super helpful tool for planning math units, especially if you use grouping or guided math!
How do these work?
You will receive links to 11 separate pre-assessments in Google Forms. You can edit the Forms as needed and then send a link to your students. Students simply open the Forms and answer the multiple choice questions. Once they submit their work, Google Forms automatically collects and grades their responses for you!
Skills covered include:
- number sense (whole numbers and fractions)
- computation and estimation (whole numbers, multiplication facts, and fractions)
- measurement (money, length, liquid volume, perimeter, area, time to the minute, elapsed time, and temperature)
- geometry (geometry terms, polygons, congruency)
- graphs and data
- step-by-step tutorial explaining how to use and share the pre-assessments
- 11 pre-made multiple choice digital pre-assessments in Google Forms (ranging from 4-10 questions each)
Please note that you will need an internet connection, a laptop or tablet, and a Google account to access and use the Forms.
Check out the preview to learn more about this resource. If you have questions, please ask before purchasing!
This resource supports the 2016 Virginia Math SOLs.
Need this for 4th grade? CLICK HERE!
Thank you for visiting my store!