Included are 3 digital resources to reinforce students’ practice and mastery of 4.NBT.4: Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
Resource #1 Interactive Math PowerPoint Task Cards and Test Prep
• Interactive, animated PowerPoint designed for computer/doc camera and Smart Boards.
• No Prep format: Plug in computer and go.
• 40 Word Problems in two sets of 20 each to promote fluency, collaboration, and accountable talk.
• NOTE: This animated, interactive PowerPoint presentation usually involves the entire class. It ignites the enthusiasm, concentration, and interaction among the students. Learning automatically occurs as they “talk out loud about math”.
• This PowerPoint Tasks Cards resource is designed to show the animations in the Slide Show or Presentation View. Please follow the instructions on slide 2.
• Check the feedback on these interactive resources.
Resource #2 and #3 are designed for individual or small group use with PowerPoint or Google Slides.
• Each set has 20 problems designed in order of difficulty, following state and district standards.
• Each student uses their digital device to go through the questions but writes down the answer on paper. This fulfills the principle that math learning should involve every sensory system for reinforcement and skill mastery.
• At the end of each set is the answer key and I encourage the students to self-check their work and then turn the results into the teacher.
• NOTE: The visuals and illustrations will grab the students’ attention and focus, however, there are no animations active in either set due to the issues between PowerPoint and Google Slides.
Click here for a short video on Interactive Math Mastery.
*** TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! DOWNLOAD AND OPEN THE PREVIEW IN THE PRESENTER MODE. ***
IDEA: As you present the problems, students work on their mini whiteboards. Don’t ask them to raise their hands. Have them raise their whiteboards. Teachers are having GREAT RESULTS!
The feedback from TpT teachers and my fellow teachers at school, who use these grade-level interactive sets of task cards, state that kids are engaged and enthused; that the students are focused on the screen, calculating the problems, helping one another with the answers, laughing at the images and animations, and most of all – TALKING OUT LOUD ABOUT MATH.
We call it the “WOW” factor!
Open the preview and try out the engaging problem-solving tasks with eye-catching visuals.
These classroom-tested products have generated excellent feedback. A quote: “I couldn’t believe how engaged the kids were in talking about math.” They support research and best practices.
You will see your students become participants as they problem-solve and receive instant reinforcement on correct thinking about math.
The 40 word problems progressively develop “multiply or divide to solve word problems”, and clarify the entire 4.NBT.4
4.NBT.4 Fluently add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.
Copyright © Classaroundthecorner.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher and her/his classroom is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PPT are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art and font credits.
We want you to be satisfied with our products and we make sure we do everything in our power to provide you with quality resources. Any issues, suggestions, questions please email: Classaroundthecorner@gmail.com. Thank you so much for shopping with us. Have fun leading your class with “Think on Your Feet Math!”