6th Grade Math Guided Notes
- Various file types
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (72)
showing 1-5 of 72 products
Also included in
- 6th Grade Math Common Core Bundle- Lessons and activities for the Whole Year- Common Core Aligned for All Standards This bundle includes over 1,700 pages of guided notes, task cards and other activities that covers each of the 6th Grade Math Common Core Standards. These 145+ products are bundled toPrice $265.96Original Price $555.75Save $289.79
- 5th and 6th Grade Math Guided Notes and Activities Bundle- Common Core Aligned for All Standards This bundle includes FREE versions of digital notes for distance learning. This bundle includes guided notes, practice activities, warm-up and exit slips for each of the 6th Grade and 5th Grade Math ComPrice $267.86Original Price $479.75Save $211.89
- 6th and 7th Grade Math Guided Notes and Activities Bundle- Common Core Aligned for All Standards This bundle includes FREE versions of digital notes for distance learning. This bundle includes guided notes, practice activities, warm-up and exit slips for each of the 6th Grade and 7th Grade Math ComPrice $238.40Original Price $443.25Save $204.85
- 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Math Guided Notes and Pratice Bundle- Common Core Aligned for All Standards This bundle includes FREE versions of digital notes for distance learning. This bundle includes guided notes, practice activities, warm-up and exit slips for each of the 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Math CoPrice $371.20Original Price $663.25Save $292.05
- 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Math Guided Notes and Pratice Bundle- Common Core Aligned for All Standards This bundle includes FREE versions of digital notes for distance learning. This bundle includes guided notes, practice activities, warm-up and exit slips for each of the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th GraPrice $495.20Original Price $890.75Save $395.55
Looking for a 6th Grade Math curriculum that is designed to help your students thrive and save you the time and energy of writing and designing them yourself? These full-year NO PREP guided notes are a classroom-proven resource that will have your students proficient in all 6th Grade Math common core standards! With a comprehensive design, these notes offer a structured approach that can be differentiated for every level of learner for the entire year. Save 25% when you purchase these 72 resources as part of this bundle.
Guided notes are an effective teaching model that maximize your students ability to use working memory to focus on content, rather than copying down notes. This resource is structured to include warm ups that build on prerequisite knowledge, in depth notes to fully teach each common core subject, vocabulary sheets to build on key concepts, exit slips to ensure understanding and an assessment to benchmark comprehension. This money saving bundle includes notes and practice printables formatted for interactive notebooks as well as a fully digital version of each note set.
This curriculum is broken down into 5 units (a full list of included topics can be found below):
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Expressions and Equations
- Statistics and Probability
- Measurement and Data
Here is everything that is included for each topic:
- Guided Notes including a separate printable formatted for Interactive Notebooks
- Digital Notes - fully digital version for classroom flexibility
- Practice Page including a separate printable formatted for Interactive Notebooks
- Frayer Models for Vocabulary Practice
- 2 different warm-ups (2 per page)
- 2 different exit slips (2 per page)
- 1 summary slip (2 per page) covered in most units and will be added to all by 2022-23 school year
- 1 Assessment to benchmark understanding
- Answer keys
Here’s what you will love the most:
This entire math notes bundle is NO PREP! All answer keys are included and no additional materials are needed. You’ll also find that you’ll have more time to work through the concepts with your students as they will spend less time copying notes and more time mastering the content. The notes will also call their attention to key concepts that they should commit to memory.
Here are some guidelines for how to use this bundle:
- This resource can be successfully implemented using binders, folders or notebooks
- Warm Up Slips can be used at the beginning of the lesson to activate prior knowledge or you can use them to guide students through a new discovery.
- Vocabulary Practice - use these to establish foundation concepts at the outset of the lesson or as reinforcement after the notes portion
- Guided Notes - these sets are a comprehensive presentation of the subject matter, and progressively build from basic concepts to complete mastery. Students will follow along through a structured framework and retain the notes for reference and review.
- Independent Practice Problems -use these to reinforce understanding and provide a chance for your students to build skills and confidence
- Exit Slips - can be used to allow students to demonstrate mastery of the subject matter at the close of a lesson and prepare for future topics
- Assessment - use this to benchmark your students comprehension and supplement if necessary
Here’s what other teachers are saying about this resource:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Crystal H. says “This is by far the best math resource bundle that I have ever purchased. It includes engaging warm-ups, detailed guided notes, independent practice, exit tickets, and even lesson quizzes- and everything is aligned to my NC Standards! Being a perfectionist, I truly used to spend at least 8 hours every week trying to piecemeal my math lessons because none of my available resources included all of the elements I wanted in each lesson. This resource, however, has it all and is saving me hundreds of hours of prep work! After using it for a month now, my students are mastering skills better than ever before. My only regret is not purchasing it at the beginning of the school year. I am so very grateful for the time and effort the author put into creating this resource. Thank you for giving me my life back!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The Rest is History says “This is my bread and butter and makes up roughly 60% of my teaching materials. The notes are engaging and easy to follow which is why I bought the whole set. I appreciate that the notes also come with guided practice, worksheets, and assessments. Love, love, love this resource! It's been a lifesaver!”
Dividing Mixed Numbers
Dividing Multi-Digit Numbers
Adding and Subtracting Decimals
Dividing Decimals by Whole Numbers
Dividing Decimals by Decimals
Greatest Common Factor
Least Common Multiple
Introduction to Integers
Negative Fractions and Decimals
Comparing and Ordering Integers
Introduction to Ratios
Ratios with Tape Diagrams
Comparing Unit Rates
Introduction to Percents
Percents and Fractions
Percents and Decimals
Percent of a Number
Finding the Whole
Area of Rectangles and Parallelograms
Area of Triangles
Area of Trapezoids
Area of Composite Figures
Volume of Rectangular Prisms
Volume of Rectangular Prisms with Fractional Edges
Distance in the Coordinate Plane
Polygons in the Coordinate Plane
Nets of 3-D Figures
Surface Area of Rectangular Prisms
Surface Area of Triangular Prisms
Surface Area of Pyramids
Order of Operations
Algebraic Expressions Vocabulary
Writing Algebraic Expressions
Reading Algebraic Expressions
Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
Combining Like Terms
The Distributive Property
Solving Equations with Addition and Subtraction
Solving Equations with Multiplication and Division
Solving Inequalities with Addition and Subtraction
Solving Inequalities with Multiplication and Division
Equations in 2 Variables
Shapes of Distributions
Interquartile Range (IQR)
Mean Absolute Deviation (MAD)
Box and Whisker Plots
Stem and Leaf Plots
Guided notes are the foundation of my classroom. Here’s why:
- Guided notes keep all students actively engaged in class. Students follow along and fill in missing words and numbers and answer questions. They allow students to focus on problem solving rather than using their working memory to write down everything they hear the teacher say.
- Students create their own reference guide to help them remember and internalize what they learned in class. They can easily refer back to what they learned in previous classes to help them with spiral review, homework, studying for assessments and most importantly building on prior knowledge to learn new concepts.
- It helps students organize information and understand what is important. Middle school students are often new to the expectation of notetaking and guided notes are a perfect way to introduce this practice and perfect a lifelong skill. The blanks can be used as cues to help students decipher what is expected of them- they can tell if a longer definition should be recorded or a smaller blank means they should write an important vocabulary word or number.
- They relieve the stress that many students feel when expected to accurately copy diagrams, figures and equations off the board. Having them right on their notes page allows them to focus on problem solving and less about accurately copying complex notes off the board.
- Guided notes are especially beneficial for students with special education needs and English Language Learners and can easily be adapted to accommodate specific needs.
You may also like these other products pair perfectly with this resource:
Copyright © To The Square Inch LLC
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.