Save 50% by Bundling
Riddles are a great way to make a boring assignment fun. Combine that with task cards to get the students up and moving, and students are eager to learn.
However, I found students knew the answer to the riddle and just chose the answers to fill in the letters without doing any of the math. This way, students have to create the riddle before they can answer it.
This bundle contains word problems that are aligned with the 7th Grade Common Core Standards.
Here is what is included in the Bundle
1. Solving One-Step Equations with Rational Coefficients Create a Riddle Activity
2. Solving One-Step Equations Adding and Subtracting Create the Riddle Activity
3. Solving One-Step Equations Multiplying and Dividing Create the Riddle Activity
4. 7th Grade: Solving Two-Step Equations Create the Riddle Activity
5. 7th Grade: Solving Two-Step Equations Word Problems Create the Riddle Activity
6. 7th Grade: Solving Two-Step Equations Distributive Property Create the Riddle
7. 7th Grade: Writing Equations from Tables Create the Riddle Activity
8. Writing One-Step Equations from Word Problems Create the Riddle Activity
9. One-Step Equations with Rational Coefficients Word Problems Create a Riddle
10. Writing One-Step Equations from Word Problems #2 Create the Riddle Activity
The preview has the link for each of these activities, so be sure to check it out.
* Perfect for centers, homework or independent/group practice
* Engaging activity for students to practice
* Minimal prep - just print and present
* Easy to assess student mastery
* Answer Key included