Save 50% by Bundling
Riddles are a great way to make a boring assignment fun. Combine that with task cards to get the students up and moving, and students are eager to learn.
However, I found students knew the answer to the riddle and just chose the answers to fill in the letters without doing any of the math. This way, students have to create the riddle before they can answer it.
This bundle contains mathematical and word problems that are aligned with the 7th Grade Common Core Standards.
Here is what is included in the Bundle
1. Writing Expressions from Word Problems and Scenarios Create the Riddle Activity
2. 7th Grade: Evaluating Expressions (Integers) Create the Riddle Activity
3. Evaluating Expressions with Rational Numbers Create the Riddle Activity
4. 7th Grade Expressions Order of Operations (PEMDAS) Create the Riddle Activity
5. Simplifying Expressions by Combining Like Terms Create the Riddle Activity
6. Writing Expressions from Perimeter of Shapes Create the Riddle Activity
7. Simplifying Expressions using the Distributive Property Create the Riddle
8. 7th Grade Adding Linear Expressions Create the Riddle Activity
9. 7th Grade Subtracting Linear Expressions Create the Riddle Activity
10. 7th Grade Factor Linear Expressions Create the Riddle Activity
The preview has the link for each of these activities, so be sure to check it out.
* Perfect for centers, homework or independent/group practice
* Engaging activity for students to practice
* Answer Key included