The 'Adventure Time Theme Park'
booklet is a fantastic resource for upper primary/middle school students, as it encourages collaboration, problem solving and creativity, as well as fundamental math skills such as addition and multiplication.
In order to design their theme park, students must work with a monitory budget and aim to attract as many customers as possible, meaning they must work together to make decisions about:
1. The number of rides they will have, as these attract customers but also cost money to build and maintain.
2. The types of rides they will have, as more creative attractions will be more successful.
3. The number of shops they will have, as these attract customers but also cost money to build and maintain.
4. The layout of the theme park, as the pathways connecting attractions cost money to build.
5. The number of car parks and toilets provided.
6. The cost of entry.
7. The most effective form of advertising for the park.
At the completion of the booklet, students will have not only designed a realistic and unique theme park, they will have also developed an advertising campaign for their park and developed their communication, problem solving and mathematical skills.
As the only resource required to carry out this activity is square grid paper, it's a great resource for relief teachers!
Want a discount on your next purchase?
• After purchasing this product simply provide feedback and you can earn TpT credit!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
If you like this product you may also like:
• Australian Adventure Tour Design - A Group Problem Solving Math Project
• School Carnival Design - A group problem solving math project
• Soccer World Cup Tour Design - A group problem solving math project
• North Pole Holiday Design - A group problem solving math project