-This lesson helps students understand the meaning, purpose, and benefits of advertising.
- The lesson discusses brand names and logos.
- Students will be quizzed on their knowledge of popular logos.
- The lesson has a link to a YouTube video that exposes the students to the song, "My Adidas," written by Run DMC. The students must listen carefully to determine why the person likes this brand of shoes. The students must recite in plain language the kinds of activities the person does in his Adidas shoes.
- The students will have an opportunity to invent a new logo and name brand. The students will use the new logo in a new shoe design.
-The students will be asked to use creative writing skills to write a rhyme about adventures in their newly designed, name brand shoes.
-The lesson ends with an assessment on the enclosed materials.
- An answer key is enclosed.