This is a detailed unit covering exponential and logarithmic functions. This unit includes four multi-day PowerPoint Slides, two quizzes (including multiple versions), a comprehensive test (2 versions), review guide, an in-class project/lab modeling exponential growth and decay models, and answer keys for everything. I’ve also included the handwritten notes from every class so you can follow along and see the progression of the lessons. This unit also includes a reading from the book The Hot Zone (the first chapter has questions relating to it), and a worksheet that explains the exponential process in the movie Contagion.
• Definition of an exponential function
• The natural exponential function (e)
• Definition of the logarithmic function
• The relationship between “e” and the natural logarithmic function
• The properties of the logarithmic functions
• Expanding and condensing logarithmic functions
• Solve exponential and logarithmic functions with the logarithmic properties
• Use exponential models to investigate Newton’s Law of Cooling
• Exponential growth and decay models
• Compounding interest problems
These lessons align to the Common Core standards.
See more unit lessons (specifically in Algebra II, AP Calculus, AP Statistics) at my store.
In-Depth No Prep Math Lessons