This is an extremely detailed Algebra II unit covering polynomial and rational functions. This includes over 110 PowerPoint slides in 4 lessons, three quizzes (some with up to three different versions), a comprehensive test (2 versions), full unit review guide, rational root theorem project, and answer keys for everything. I’ve also included the handwritten notes from every class so you can follow along and see the progression of the lessons. Another extremely valuable handout is a 9-step list of what is required to accurately graph any polynomial function.
• Division of polynomials by long division
• Division of polynomials with synthetic division
• Remainder and Factor Theorem
• Graphing linear and quadratic functions in detail
• Determine end behavior for any polynomial
• Use the Rational Root Theorem to identify possible rational roots for any polynomial
• Use Descartes’ Rule of Signs to determine the possible number of positive and negative roots
• Define the differences between points of discontinuity vertical asymptotes, holes)
• Determine the roots of a rational function
• Determine vertical and horizontal asymptotes
• Accurately graph rational functions
These lessons align to the Common Core standards (as listed in the description below.)
See more unit lessons (specifically in Algebra II, AP Calculus, AP Statistics) at my store.
In-Depth No Prep Math Lessons