Welcome to the All About Me HTML Project
This 9 day unit will introduce your students to the process that web designers go through to write a basic HTML web page to create an interactive website by creating a basic one page All About Me webpage through the use of notepad.
There are a lot of different methods and programs to create a website but notepad really allows the students to focus on learning codes but also allows a lot of creativity depending on the range of your students abilities.
This unit starts out with a Basic or practice website that is broken into phases, depending on your class speed can be adjusted to a phase a day or some can be doubled up. This was generally around October for me so we used a spooky story text for our website, but the text can easily be changed. After the students have the basics down they go through the process again with their All About Me website. (my students wrote an all about me as their first project so we could copy the text and focus on the HTML part but this could also be quickly done as a part of this project the rubric has suggestions for topics students could include.)
This unit is a 9 day unit that can be adjusted to fit your class’s needs and pace.
In this unit you will have:
• Lesson plan, which includes a day by day breakdown of how I teach this lesson
• And the corresponding powerpoint that follows the breakdown of the lesson.
• A rubric for how to grade the All About Me HTML website with two planning pages to guide students and allow them to write down color codes.
• A basic website planning packet broken down into phases for the students to learn the different levels of HTML codes.
• Blank peer feedback forms for a gallery walk at the end of the All About Me Project