10 stations that cover the following 6th grade standards:
Operations with Integers
Ordering and Comparing Rational Numbers
Placing numbers on the number line
1. Place teams in groups of 2-3.
2. Post station activities around the room (or outside if you're feeling adventurous!)
3. Display a football field on a bulletin board or in the front of the room.
4. Have teams put their names on an index card and place it in endzone.
5. Explain the rules of the game:
-Must work together on the same problem
-Must check their answer with the teacher before moving on to the next station
6. Once the teams check their answers with the teacher, they may move their index card up 10 yards on the field. The teacher may want to hole punch their amazing race card depending on which questions they have completed. (see attached)
7. The winners are the teams that complete the 10 stations first and make it to the endzone!