Animal Skull Identification Lab for Mammals
Whether you are planning to run an animal skull hands-on lab OR you are looking for an enrichment activity to build deductive reasoning skills, our Animal Skull Identification Lab packet provides you with all the information you need for a no- to low-prep time learning activity.
The Animal Skull Identification Lab is now available as a:
- PDF file to be used in-class as part of your live teaching lesson
- Google Slides document to be assigned through your learning management system and assigned for students as a virtual, self-guided lab that can be used on a student's own digital devices
The Animal Skull Identification Lab packet includes background information that reviews key concepts relating to skull features:
- Key vocabulary, such as predator, herbivore, rostrum, etc
- Color images with labelled features
- Dental formula reference charts
- Images that practice identifying certain features
- Animal Skull Feature Checklist
>> Designed for reluctant writers
If you plan to have students examine actual skulls in your classroom, you will need to have rulers, pencils, and calculators on-hand.
Don't have your own animal skulls? No worries. This product includes access to a bonus Google Slides document containing 5 images of different animal skulls - from 4 different angles - that your students can identify. Skull measurements are included for this virtual lab, but students can still calculate the Cephalic Index, if you wish.