This is a project for students to do at home. The purpose of this project is for students to make real world connections with multiplication.
- Students are to create a city using arrays.
- The windows of the buildings should represent the array.
- I gave my students about 2 weeks to complete.
- Includes letter explaining the project, examples and rubric is also included.
The book "Amanda Bean's Amazing Dream" was read before introducing this project.
* It's also available in Spanish. (Visit the store)
3.4D - determine the total number of objects when equally-sized groups of objects are combined or arranged in arrays up to 10 by 10
3.4E - represent multiplication facts by using a variety of approaches such as repeated addition, equal-sized groups, arrays, area models, equal jumps on a number line, and skip counting
4.4C - represent the product of 2 two-digit numbers using arrays, area models, or equations, including perfect squares through 15 by 15